How to know if your friend is in love with you? This question starts floating on your mental horizons when you witness some change in the behavior of your longtime friend. The other situation when you look for signs your friend is in love with you is when you yourself feel something for your buddy. And you hope that he or she also feels the butterfly effect like you when you meet or think of your best buddy. Sometimes you just want to go with your gut feelings when you are evaluating if your friend is in love with you. But how can you know the truth when you are prejudiced in your approach.
The first and the foremost thing about how to know when your friend is in love with you is- start afresh. You should never be prejudiced and make no assumptions. A careful examination of the behavior and attitude of your friend can only give you the right answer. Also any misinterpretation can jeopardize your relation. Also if you can’t come to a conclusion you should not hesitate to ask your buddy about his or her feelings.
To find out if your friend is in love with you, you do not need to be Sherlock Holmes. Just take a cue from the following sections and give a rest to your doubts.
Signs Your Best Friend Loves You
- The Gaze at You Has Been Changed – The first sign if your friend is in love with you is the way your buddy looks at you. If you have known him or her for a while you can recognize the change. A friend in love with you will either look continuously at you with bright eyes even if you both are in a room full of people. If he or she is a shy kind of person, he or she will find it hard to look at you out of nervousness.
- Special Care Towards You – Another sign that your best friend loves you is when they start treating you differently, especially the way they used to treat their ex. This sometimes include acting protective of you or may be a little possessive or being sweeter than usual. A friend in love with you will become a little formal to you and will pay special attention to your requirements.
- He’s Getting TOUCHY – To know if your friend is in love with you, you should watch out for the flirting signs. A friend in love will try to get cozy with you. He or she might touch you more often, especially your hand, cheeks, back or your shoulder. The touch will be more affectionate and your friend will try to under play it initially.
- Roaming Around With You – Any friend in love with you will try to stay in touch with you. He or she will make hangout plans with you more often and will call you more frequently, esp. during bed time. Also most of their hang out plans will be like the typical date ideas. For instance they might ask you to join for dinner or walk in the evening. However if suddenly your friend starts planning your rendezvous at their place or in private, it surely means your friend has a thing for you. If you feel that the place is very convenient for physical intimacy, then there might be the case that he or she just wants to get laid with you. And there is nothing more than that in their mind.
- Wherever You Go HE Follows – To know if your friend is in love with you, you should watch out for their behavior with you in a group. A friend in love will try to be around you. He or she will specifically sit with you and might start a private conversation with you. To cross check for the signs, try associating with someone else in the group. If your buddy joins in or tries to intervene, then it is a sure sign that your friend is in love with you.
- Keep an EYE on What He’s Trying to Say – If you think your friend is in love with you, you should pay attention to their words. Any friend in love will try to hint you about their feelings. He or she might say it indirectly or in a very casual way. It can be things like, ‘so if I ask you on a date what you will say’ or ‘how will you feel if I propose you?’ When you stumble upon such dialogues, just give them a doubtful look if you do not want to take your friendship a level further. But if you also have something for your friend, just play along. It will enhance your buddy’s confidence and you might soon go out on a date!