true lovez logo

Past Relationship Quotes

There are two ways to look at your past, you can either treat it as a great and wise teacher and learn from it or you can chose to make it a boulder tied to your neck, holding you back, keeping you from moving forward and choking the very life out of you your every waking moment. How you choose to look at it is completely up to you, because when push comes to shove, it’s your life and you’re the one taking hold of it. Of course you can always let your past control you and keep you grounded till the ends of time. There are more than enough moving forward quotes that will tell you the same.

Clinging on to past relationships is probably the worst punishment you can give yourself for a mistake that wasn’t even yours. Clinging on to someone who doesn’t want you or appreciate you anymore is, for lack of a better word, pathetic. A lot of famous people have said a lot deep stuff about living in the past and pretty much all from their experience. Keep reading our list of past relationship quotes to learn from those more ahead of us in years and experience and have learned from their past.

Past Relationship Quotes

So if you’re ready to move on, all the best. If you’re not and think I’m just spewing nonsense, here you are with a bunch of letting go quotes by some very famous people.

Past Relationship Quotes

  • Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
    – John F Kennedy
  • Dwelling on the past only blinds you to the future.
    -Andrew Boyd
  • Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear.
    -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • We can draw lessons from the past, but we cannot live in it.
    -Lyndon B. Johnson
  • The past can hurt, but the way I see it; you can either run from it or learn from it.
    -The Lion King
  • The more anger you hold in your heart towards the past, the less capable you are of loving the present.
  • Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.
  • No matter how dirty your past is, your future is always spotless
  • If someone doesn’t see you in their future, maybe it’s time to put them in your past.
  • I don’t think of the past. The only thing that matters is the everlasting present.
    -William Somerset Maugham
  • Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter.
    -William Ralph Inge
  • When you get angry at your ex, only about 10% of your anger can be attributed to the current situation. The other 90% comes from your past experiences with your ex, as well as those with your parents, caregivers, and other significant people in your past. The current situation has simply triggered your past anger and allowed it to resurface. It’s been said that if you’re hysterical, the cause is probably historical.
    -Julie A., M.A. Ross and Judy Corcoran
  • Ruminating about the past is like trying to drive backward to undo a car accident.
    – Julie A., M.A. Ross and Judy Corcoran
  • Don’t let past relationships ruin your future happiness, Scars remind us of where we’ve been not where we’re going.
  • Bless the ones that walk away from you, they’re just making room for the ones that won’t.
  • We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.
    -George Bernard Shaw
cal June 6, 2022 at 11:37 am

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Get every new post on this blog delivered to your Inbox.

Join other followers: