After a break up, almost every single acquaintance, well-wisher or friend will come up to you and repeat the exact same things, ‘he/she wasn’t worth it’, ‘there’s no point thinking about her/him now’, ‘forget him/her’, some optimists among your regular clan might even say, ‘there’s plenty more fish in the sea’, etc. no matter what they say or how the put it, irrespective of the combination of the words that they use; once all those sympathetic expressions are stripped down to their skeleton they can all be surmised in two simple words, “Move on”, easier said than done isn’t it. Moving on from a relationship is probably the hardest part of any break up and coincidentally the most important one as well. Clinging on to what once was, thinking what could have been and trying to go on with your life is probably the same as trying to run a marathon with an anvil tied to your feet. And this isn’t just me saying it a lot of famous people have said the same things.
Since I know you’re not going to listen to yours truly, we compiled a list of, moving on from a relationship quotes for you. So if you know someone who’s recently been hurt or you yourself are hurting, the famous people are here for you.
Here is our list of quotes on moving on to help you out in your time of need.
Moving on Quotes
- “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” -Nicholas Sparks
- “The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment you should absolutely walk away.”
- “Be strong enough to let go and patient enough to wait for what you deserve”
- “Knowing when to walk away is wisdom. Being able to is courage. Walking away, with your head held high is dignity.”
- “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy.”
- “Some things are hard to let go of, I get that. But what’s the point of holding onto something that’s already let go of you?”
- “The only thing left to do is to forgive and forget. I want to forgive you and I want to forget you.” – Lauren Conrad
- “There are things in life we don’t want to happen, but have to accept; things we don’t want to know, but have to learn, and people we can’t live without, but have to let go”
- “When you finally move on from the past, you are freeing up your future for something better to come along.”
- “Dwelling on the past only blinds you to the future.” – Andrew Boyd
- “Don’t waste your time looking back at what you’ve lost. Move on, life is not meant to be traveled backwards.”
- “You can’t lose something you never had. You can keep what’s not yours. You can’t hold on to something that doesn’t want to stay.”
- “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.” – Nicole Sobon
- “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
- “I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward” – Fridtjof Nansen
- “Move on. It’s just a chapter in the past. But don’t close the book, just turn the page”
- “Don’t tie your heart to a person that has nothing left to offer you. Let it go. It might hurt for a while, but when you get over it, you’ll see that its better.” – Orebela Gbenga
- “It’s better to say goodbye, to move on, to end the lie.” – S. C. Stephens
- “Change has to come for life to struggle forward.” – Helen Hollick