There are over 7 billion unique individuals on this planet and according to most songs and romantic philosophies there is exactly one other human being meant for you. If by some miracle or twist of fate you have found your significant other all I want to say is, don’t let them get away! Or in the words of Beyoncé, ‘if love it then you should put a ring on it‘. So if you think just simply going down on one knee isn’t going to cut it, read on for some romantic ways to propose to the love of your life.
Proposals are stressful, so don’t worry if you’re sweating through half your wardrobe through the day (on second thought some deodorant wouldn’t hurt), its perfectly normal. Now before you go on and take the leap try to do it as privately as possible, a public and flashy proposal tends to put a lot of pressure on your special someone and you don’t want to do that so as far as it is possible try to keep it a private event between the two of you. Also it wouldn’t hurt to take the permission from his/her parents. And if you’re stumped for ideas just read on ahead for some of the most romantic ways to propose him/her
Doesn’t matter if you’re a man or a woman, taking that leap needs some serious courage not to mention creativity. If you’re not that creative, here are a few Creative ways to propose.
Romantic & Creative Proposal Ideas
Alright guys we both know how important the task at hand is. Your proposal is something she will remember for the rest of her life so it’s probably totally worth going that extra mile to make this extra special. Don’t worry if you can’t think of anything because we have some pretty creative proposal ideas.
- Make a list of all the things that you love about her and jot them down on separate cards, you can always get them printed on some fancy paper in a real fancy font but nothing touches the heart than a handwritten note. Now before she wakes up hide these cards all around the house in places that she is bound to go to, (e.g. where she keeps her toothbrush, her closet, her purse, etc. you figure out the rest). In the last card you can write, something along the lines of “and that’s why I want to marry you.”
- If you have any discernable culinary skill, now would be a great time to put them to use. FACT: Women cannot resist a man who can cook. So cook her a fancy meal (as fancy as you can manage) and hide the ring in food. Caution: don’t hide the ring too well or she might end up eating it. Wait for her to find the ring and then get down on your knee. Another way you can go is when it’s time for dessert write “will you marry me” with chocolate syrup on the edge of her desert plate.
- If your girlfriend has a camera (preferably a digi-cam), borrow it from her for a couple of days. Now take a picture of yourself holding signs with words ‘will’, ‘you’, ‘marry’ and ‘me’. Or you can pose in front of places where those words are written. When you return her camera let her know that you clicked some pictures with the camera and you want her to upload them for you. Now wait for the look of total surprise on her face.
- You will probably need to send her out for a little while to get this one done. And you might also need a step ladder. Get a lot of glow in the dark stars and spell out your proposal on the ceiling of her bedroom. She probably won’t notice but when she goes to bed and turns of the lights I don’t think she will be able to deny that message from the heavens.
Okay ladies, tired of waiting around for him to pop the question? Well how about taking matters into your own hands and popping the question yourself? There is nothing wrong for with a woman proposing to her significant other. But ladies you might want to keep certain things in mind. I know you have a certain idea in your mind about how you’d like to be proposed. Here’s a tiny tip: no matter what happens DO NOT propose a guy like you would like to be proposed. Men are a different species and need to be handled differently. Don’t worry, there’s no need to panic yet. Just keep reading for some creative marriage proposal ideas.
- You know he means to ask you sometime soon and you can’t wait for him to gather up the courage to ask you so what do you do? Trick him into asking you (and no, I’m not joking). Write down the question of all questions, ‘will you marry me’, on a card and pretend you can’t make out what it says. Then hand him the card and ask him to read it out aloud for you. When he reads it just reply back with “why I’d be delighted to” and bam! You’re engaged.
- There is absolutely nothing wrong with a simple traditional proposal over an elaborate and dramatic candle light dinner. So ladies put on that gorgeous dress that takes away his breath, give him a meal hell never forget and throw in a beautiful proposal poem for good measure and start preparing for that wedding. If you want you can also get a rose, but just a single Rose not the entire bouquet. The bouquet becomes a little overwhelming.
- This one you’ll need plenty of time to prepare. Prepare a scrapbook with pictures of all your special moments together preferably arranged as if they’re telling a story. Be as creative as you can get and on the last page write in your proposal. Now give him that book and ask him to see and wait for the wedding bells to start ringing.
- Sometimes a little nostalgia works wonders. Do a simple recap of everything you did on your first date and retrace everything you did on that day. Look for the best opportunity and go ahead and ask him the question.