Friendship is a special bond which keeps two hearts together because of their affection and concern for each other. Man is a social being and thus friends keep lots of value in one’s life. Friendship has the capacity to change some one’s way of life. Except a very few, most of us enjoy the atmosphere of being in good friendship that adds up to a vibrant spark into our lives. Yes, this Facebook age has made new friends just a click away, but there are only few who touch our souls in real sense. And so spiritual friendship is a quest for every human being as spiritual friends need not enjoy any worldly pleasures, but they certainly share your faith, decision-making, feelings and prayers.
Some relations are so very committing and pleasing that it gives a divine feeling to it. With the spent of time a simple friendship can take the form of a spiritual friendship but not mandatory that every friendship will turn into it. It is also not necessary that spiritual friendship is possible only between two friends. It can also evolve between husband and wife or between any individual souls. This type of bonding is as divine and pure as our trust in the Almighty. Being in such a relation it gives the option to know more about one’s inner side and what they are. At this level nothing bothers the individuals. Such bonding is not easy to be found but not impossible. There are certain characteristics which defines spiritual friendship.
Virtues of Spiritual Friendship
- Mutual interests – The people who share your hunger for God are your spiritual friends and therefore common goal of trusting divinity should be the main factor. Differences in interests might hamper the friendship as mutual interest forms the key ingredient in any spiritual relationship.
- Respect– To keep the relation rooted it is very important to respect one’s fellow being. One should value the other person’s interests. Even if any misunderstanding crop up, it should be sorted out in a friendly manner. Respect and value for one another are important virtues of spiritual friendship.
- Faith – Faith is another essential characteristic of spiritual friendship which should prevail in the bonding. In the long run this will help the individuals to be united.
- Unselfishness – Selfishness has always given a bitter taste to all relations. One should be always unselfish in his deeds. He/she should not think about his/her personal benefit. Overall well-being should be their main concern. Remember, that only when you are self-less, you experience ultimate spirituality of friendship.
- Integrity – Having a sound moral character is one of the important determining attributes of spiritual friendship. The individuals should be dependable. No one can be perfect but should be reliable enough to foster the divine connection of true spiritual friendship.
Quotes on spiritual friendship help every person to gain a true insight about divine friendship that connects heart of two people in the most magical way.
Quotes on Spiritual Friendship
- Of all the things which wisdom provides to make us entirely happy, much the greatest is the possession of friendship. ~ Epicurus.
- “To like and dislike the same things, that is indeed true friendship.” Sallust
- A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words. ~ Donna Roberts.
- “The most I can do for my friend is simply to be his friend. I have no wealth to bestow on him. If he knows that I am happy in loving him, he will want no other reward. Is not friendship divine in this?” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- “All friendly feelings toward others come from the friendly feelings a person has for himself.” ~Aristotle
- “True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island..to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.” ~ Baltasar Gracian
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” Saint Thomas Aquinas
- “Life has taught me that respect, caring and love must be shared, for its only through sharing that friendships are born.” ~Donna A. Favors
And these few golden lines by William Blake influence your heart and soul to understand the spirituality of friendship in true sense. This spiritual friendship message exhibits the divine bond between the two hearts as well.
I looked for my soul,
but my soul I could not see.
I looked for my God,
but my God eluded me.
I looked for a friend
and then I found all three.
Most Popular Posts
- Romantic Love Notes For Her
- Top 10 Christmas Carols
- Chocolate Recipes for Your Valentine
- Signs Your Ex Still Loves You
- Why Chocolates Are Better Than Boyfriend
- Love is a promise
- Best Friendship Day Quotes
- 6 Friendship Poems That Describes Your Relationship With Your Friend!
- Top 7 Spooky Halloween Poems
- Top 10 Scary Halloween Quotes